You Know You Want to Use Your
Professional Time, Talent, and Expertise
to Build a Better World
Whether you've been dreaming of this new green career for months...or years...you are so ready to make this change you can taste it!
But at the moment, the work you do doesn't give you much opportunity to have a positive impact on the planet.
- feel stuck a decidedly non-green career
- have just graduated or getting ready to graduate
- are in between positions
- have a "green" job, but you don't have the impact you'd like to have...
you've been trying to sort out the best way to have a bigger impact on the planet and your community.
You Aren't Sure How to Proceed
- You've searched online to find possible positions, but you can't tell which position would be the best fit for you or you find they all expect more experience than you have to offer.
- You've tried to identify your options, but sorting through the maze of information on the Web is daunting. There's either too much information to make sense of or not enough information to help you figure out what direction to take.
- You can't quite figure out how to pull all the pieces together to create a cohesive plan to move forward. Things are taking so long you are losing faith that you can pull off this career transition that is so important to you.
The Key to Your Success Is Gaining Clarity about Your Green Career Direction
To gain clarity about your new career direction, I recommend you take a few steps.
1) Get a good overview of the opportunities that are possible within the emerging economy. See Green Economy Map below for more information.
2) Understand what it takes to transition to a new career. See the Career Transition Map below for a detailed description of the journey ahead. When you take the steps in order, you'll save yourself a lot of time and frustration as a result!
3) Take the time (a few weeks is all it will take) to clarify your green career direction. As you gain clarity about your career direction you discover your sense of excitement and internally inspired motivation will propel you forward. See Find Your Green Focus below for information.
- Your energy picks up naturally!
- Rather than constantly searching for what you want to do–and wondering if you'll ever figure it out—You shift your attention to taking proactive steps to make the transition to this new role.
- When you can clearly articulate what you want to do, others understand your goal and step in to help you! Doors swing open, opportunities appear, and your quest for your new career gains momentum!
Green Economy Map
No matter what you call it...the Green Economy offers a wide variety of opportunities to make an impact using your professional expertise. Due to the vast impact on over 75 different industries and sectors, it's unlikely you will just happen upon the best career direction.
Click through the Green Economy Map to review the industries and sectors that are making a concerted effort to become more sustainable and regenerative.
What Industry Looks Intriguing to You?
Career Transition Map
Most people begin their quest for a green career by looking for their next job.
This strategy might work if you have skills and expertise in your chosen field and you are able to demonstrate you are the right person for the job.
If you are moving into a new field there are some specific steps you can take to build your credibility and your ability to be hired!
Where Are You on the Career Transition Map?
Find Your Green Focus
In my work with clients who want to use their professional time, talent, and expertise to build a better world, I've seen one thing that unlocks a powerful career.
That one thing is creating a clear sense of the green career that will leverage your existing experience, interests and skills.
Finding this sense of clarity doesn't need to take months or years. By engaging in the system I've created you can discover the most effective way to focus your green career.
Are You Ready to Find Your Green Career Focus?
Other Valuable Green Career Resources
Green Careers For Dummies
In 2009 I was asked to write Green Careers For Dummies...in 5 months! What an adventure that was. In addition to providing insights to help you understand the green frontier, the book provides ideas on how to choose a green career and land a job in the field. The book also contains seven chapters with profiles of over 50 industries and sectors that are making a concerted effort to become more sustainable. Although the future trends may be a bit out of date, the overall information about these sectors is still a viable way to grasp the range of opportunities that are growing out of this shift to a more sustainable way of doing business.
If you are just beginning your journey to a green career, I highly recommend you start here!
Green Jobs and Career Network
If you are interested in connecting with others who are actively seeking a green, sustainable career, I highly recommend you join the Green Jobs and Career Network Group on LinkedIn.